Monday, March 2, 2015

March Blocks and Flag Travels

2015 BOM Blocks Catherine's Garden
It always makes me smile when you find the BOM blocks before I get the blog post written.  You know you can count on the blocks being there a bit before the first of each month.  Thank you!  Click HERE.

This is a picture before I selected my ground fabric.  A little auditioning of green grass options.

This isn't the final setting, but it could be if you wanted to!

My set on orange ground is coming along.  I also found the blue dot I wanted for an additional set. Will Share those next month.


Civil War Star - Collection of Jeananne Wright




The AQSG Civil War Study quilts have started their travels.  Click HERE to see each quilt with entry statements.

This is an outstanding group of quilts, enjoy every minute of your browse through all of the entries.

Star from the inspiration quilt I was so graciously granted written permission to interpret.


Have a great week!!
Dawn





9 comments:

  1. What lovely blocks! The background makes it so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower blocks are so very pretty on the yellow background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your applique blocks are so pretty and spring-like. They brighten the drab weather we are having.
    I will go check out your link now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got back from viewing the quilts. What an amazing adventure. It was great to see your quilt and one from the only other person in the group I know, Sandra Starley. Thanks for the link. I thoroughly enjoyed that! (The red/cheddar/green/purple quilt--a new color combo to me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way the flowers in these blocks all have buds or leaves. The yellow background gives them a lovely sunny look. Off to enjoy the Civil War study quilts now, I know I'm in for a treat, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Yellow background fabric is called banana and I think it is/was an Amy Butler solid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how the yellow background gives the Applique a sweet summery look. I enjoyed looking at all of the quilts made by the members of ASQG. Yours looks wonderful. After realizing the size of these quilts some of the piecing and Applique work is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the link to the AQSG Civil War Study quilts. What beautiful quilts and great stories behind each persons inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cheery applique blocks! I enjoy seeing your patterns turn into quilts!
    Thanks for the link to the AQSG quilts. I've keep going there to view them. I absolutely LOVE yours and it was fun to read about your process.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!